Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dino Valentines

I have these wonderful little people in my life, otherwise known as grandchilren.  They are the joy of my life!   I've been playing and this week created these little dinosaur cards for my three grandsons. I made two different ones using my Cricut and the Create a Critter Cartridge.



Yes, they really do say Grrr.... boys don't like that mushy stuff like "Be Mine" or something equally mushy.  They like Grrr.  Now the camera wouldn't take a decent picture of the inside sentiment or else I'm just not savvy enough to figure out how to take good pictures of a message on a red background, ( I can just hear my kiddos snickering, since they know I still haven't figured out the VCR player, even after it has gone obsolete), so here is the inside message:

Grrr..... (outside message)
means I love you
in
Dino speak!
Happy Valentine's Day!

For those of you who have a Cricut and want my recipe, here goes: (This is for the green dino, the blue one is about the same except different color papers and opening the other way).

Dino Card
White cardstock cut 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
              Green mat  5 1/4' x 3 3/4 "
                Red mat  5" x 3 1/2"  with Grrr printed on it
                Red Mat for inside card 5" x 3 3/4 "                                
                Patterned Paper 1 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Ribbon
Create a Critter Cricut Cartrdrige, Page 50
Layers cut at 3 1/4 inches
                Cut Layer 1 in orange
                Cut Layer 2 in charteuse
                Cut Layer 3 in green
Tiny googly eyes
Mini glue dots (for googly eyes)


No comments:

Post a Comment